Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Review – Krampus Origins

This movie starts out stupid (WW1 battle taking place nearly a month after the war ended for no apparent reason) and goes downhill from there. Though I admit I’ve lost some of my once-formidable tolerance for amateur hour crap, I can still stomach bad production values if I’m at least given some semblance of a script. But the most unpardonable sin committed here is to slap the name “Krampus” on some shadowy, long-winded demon of the apocalypse that doesn’t even put in an actual appearance until the movie’s mostly over. The only thing this thing has in common with the popular Yuletide baddie is the presence of horns, and even those are part of its helmet rather than natural features. Mess with the horns, get the bull. Wish I’d skipped it

No comments:

Post a Comment