Sunday, October 15, 2023

Review – You Don’t Nomi

As surprised as I am to find myself writing this, I would have preferred hearing from the fans of Showgirls rather than sitting through interviews with the people who made it. The production’s status as one of the worst movies ever made by a Hollywood studio isn’t seriously in dispute. And the issue of whether it was intended to be terrible or just came out that way isn’t all that interesting (not that this documentary manages to answer the question). I’ve seen it a couple of times, so I don’t need a plot summary or a reminder of which scenes are more embarrassing than others. Given what a loyal following it still has decades after its original release, the nature of its lingering appeal is more interesting than the movie itself. There’s some of that here, but not nearly enough. Mildly amusing

No comments:

Post a Comment